Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Things Hair and Things Cute and Things Wow

Things Hair


Sweet B's first ponytail



She's so obviously an angel


Sweet B's hair is going through an awkward phase. I blame it on her daddy's hair. Seriously. His cowlick is out of control. We have likened her hair to Grandpa Munster. Her curls stick out on the side and the hair in the back of her head is flat and not very healthy from laying on it so much. (We are trying a new hair regimen which consists of Aveeno baby oatmeal hydrating shampoo with a dollop of Loreal grape conditioner for kids mixed in. I've played with leaving the treatment in for longer amounts of time. The wiry hair on the back seems to be improving, but the unfortunate flat top hair is very heavy.)  At least I am spending important time teaching Sweet B the importance of good hair care products and a good haircare regimen. It troubled me to use the cheap Loreal, but admittedly, it is working quite well. I've found that a smidge of leave-in conditioner on the back of her hair protects it and leaves it a bit softer. If this girl's gonna have hair that's anything like mine, she's got to get control of it now and tell it who's boss.


Things Cute

I know that all moms "ooh" and "aah" when their child does something new, and we are no exception! But I tend to feel like the new things affect us differently. For most moms, new things, while exciting and cute, are expected. When we see Sweet B do new things, we often have tears in our eyes. Tonight at the mall I showed Sweet B several Sesame Street stuffed animals. She wasn't interested in any of them until I pulled out Elmo (whom she watches on TV nearly every day) and she put her arms out, made cute noises of joy, and hugged him. Our hearts melted. We had tears in our eyes. See-she recognized Elmo. This wouldn't surprise her specialists, as they all tell me how smart she is, but for me to really see it for myself, means everything to me. By the way, that Elmo costs $35. Sweet B will have to wait for her own Elmo.

Last week we went to the big baby store to look at a possible dolly for Sweet B. She loves the dolly at her physical therapist's place and it really motivates her. So we tried out a few and found one that she liked. I could tell that my husband didn't want to spend money that evening, but when I put this dolly in her hands, she made the cutest babbling noises, almost as if she was being a mommy talking baby talk to her baby. My husband's eyes lit up, and I swear there were even tears, and let's just say that Sweet B left the store with a dolly.

So obviously Sweet B isn't holding a dolly here, but a dear friend of mine's baby. But she looks like a doll!




Things Wow

Sweet B is growing more and more comfortable in her environment. She has started rotating herself on the ground to see whatever she wants to see (usually the TV). She's also rotating herself while sitting up. Our homework assignment from our physical therapist was to have her play ball with our poodle, while in the tall kneel position. Well, she did and even though it was hard for her, she did it! Tonight the ball was too far for her to easily reach, so she reached and reached and reached from a sitting position until her chest was completely on the ground. She is having more and more motivation to grab things that are out of her reach. She is becoming more comfortable moving within her space, which is huge. She's on her way to mobility! Today while I was trying to put her down (FOR AN HOUR) she was laying on my chest and she was almost doing the crawling motion. Our other physical therapy homework was to place her over my leg in the crawling position. Oh how she hates this, but she is getting better and better at it. Our next step is to get something that she really, really wants and motivate her to come to us. It's coming...I swear!!!

This is one of the only ways that B will do tummy time, and she's strapped to a wedge. Look at her loving herself in the pink mirror!



This is the position that we have been working on with her, to build up her strength for crawling. She loves it. Not.




She's meditating during her yoga.



Wow Sweet B. You are certainly cute!!!

2 comments:

  1. hey, you have inspired me to start a blog! psalm305b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete