Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Strong B Has an MRI Under Sedation

I debated about whether or not to write this post, because as usual, I'm concerned about sharing too much. Then about five minutes ago I said, "So what if I share too much?"and decided to write it out, and for one reason only. And that is that I believe in the power of prayer. I also believe in "good thoughts" and "good vibes" and "hugs" and all of the things that people who don't believe in prayer do.

My baby, Strong B, is having an MRI under anesthesia this morning. I found a sacral dimple on him which is the same thing that Sweet B had that alerted us to her spinal cord tethering. I was surprised when I found it, as I first looked when he was born, but apparently I was looking too high.

I went to the pediatrician, who agreed that it was a sacral dimple, and asked if I wanted to "wait for an MRI and just keep an eye on it." Let me tell you something: "waiting" on a sacral dimple means waiting for a limp or becoming paralyzed. And then whatever has happened is permanent. So no thanks, I will not wait for my baby to show signs that there is something terribly wrong.

His MRI is under anesthesia. We hate doing this and have felt sick over this for two weeks. There will be crying from both my husband and I, for both the procedure and the fear over what could be. But we will put on our big kid panties and deal with it.

Sweet B is having a vomiting episode that she started yesterday, so we're hoping that she doesn't end up there tomorrow for a hospital stay.

So could you please pray, or do something, all in the name of his being safe under anesthesia, and his spinal cord being nice and loose and not tethered onto anything.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment